WIN: Win a wine lovers weekend for two in Hawke’s Bay valued at over $1700
Hawke’s Bay has some of New Zealand’s highest sunshine hours and a climate that infuses the region’s ability to grow a diverse range of produce. New Zealand’s oldest wine region is renowned for its award-winning wine and artisan food producers.
To celebrate the 2014 Air New Zealand Wine Awards we have put together a fabulous wine lovers weekend for two!
Two night’s accommodation in the luxurious Black Barn Retreats (voted Frommers Top 10 Vineyard Stays in the World)
Black Barn Retreats are luxuriously appointed to reflect their individual character with the very best in furnishings, bedding, fabrics, kitchenware and amenities. For a truly unique holiday experience, these properties are recognised as amongst the very best available in New Zealand.
Tasting for two at the Black Barn Vineyards Cellar Door
Black Barn is a boutique vineyard just five minutes from the Village of Havelock North in Hawke's Bay Wine Country. Their focus is on premium Bordeaux styled red varieties such as Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc. Award-winning white wines include Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc. All wines are Estate Grown and the fruit is handpicked.
A one day cycle hire around the vineyards of the Gimblett Gravels and Bridge Pa area
Enjoy a unique, one-day, cycling experience and enjoy tasting some of Hawke’s Bay's finest foods and wines, while at the same time, taking in the superb scenery of the Gimblett Gravels and Bridge Pa Wine growing areas. Stop at iconic Hawke’s Bay winery Trinity Hill to enjoy a tasting and tour with Chief Winemaker Warren Gibson before enjoying a vineyard platter lunch for two.
Dinner to the value of $150 at Elephant Hill Winery Restaurant (winner Cuisine Good Food Awards 2014 Best Winery Restaurant)
Elephant Hill is an architectural delight, located in Te Awanga, looking across to the Pacific Ocean with stunning views of Cape Kidnappers. German owners Roger and Reiden Weiss believe in creating the very best and have succeeded with their award winning winery and onsite winery restaurant lead by Executive Chef Ashley Jones.
A branded Air New Zealand Wine Awards judges apron, bottle stopper and cooler bag
HOW TO ENTER
Tell us in 30 words or less why you should win this prize. Email your answer along with name, address and phone number to info@ airnz winea wards .co.n z with 'Wine Lovers' in the subject line.
Competition closes 31 January 2015.
Terms and conditions:
1. The promotional text relating to the competition forms part of the terms and conditions.
2. The organiser of this competition is the Wine Institute of New Zealand Incorporated (WINZ), Level 3, 52 Symonds Street, Auckland 1010, New Zealand.
3. Participation in this competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. The competition commences on 25 November 2015 and closes at 5pm on 31 January 2015 (the closing date)
5. THE PRIZE: 2 nights accommodation at Black Barn Retreats, a tasting and tour at Black Barn Vineyards, a bicycle vineyard tour and platter for two at Trinity Hill, a $150 dining voucher to Elephant Hill Winery Restaurant. Transport within and to and from Hawke’s Bay is not included. Any expenses incurred outside of the prize element are the responsibility of the winner. Accommodation and prize elements are subject to availability.
6. HOW TO WIN: No purchase is necessary. Qualify for entry by entering your details and telling us about why you would like to win this prize. The best entries (as judged by a WINZ-appointed judge) will go into a lucky prize draw and one winner will be awarded THE PRIZE. The judge’s decision is final and no negotiation will be entered into regarding that decision. The prize is non-transferrable nor can it be redeemed for cash.
7. Only one entry per person.
8. Entrants must be NZ residents and aged18 years of age and over. Proof of age may be required to claim the prize.
9. The winner will be notified by email, before 12 February 2015.
10. The winners agree to allow WINZ to use their name and winning sentence to promote the win online at www.airnnzwineawards.co.nz.
12. WINZ shall not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss) or injury which is suffered or sustained in connection with this competition or in accepting or using the prize/s, except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).